In castle panic you are pitted against the game itself as orcs, trolls, and goblins pour from the forest surrounding your castle and attempt to breach its walls. The game focuses a lot on teamwork as you and your fellow castle mates bolster your defenses and try to slay monsters before they reach your walls. You must go through all of the tokens in the monster pile before your inner castle walls are destroyed. If you manage to do this, you and your team have won the game! If not, well then the nasty monsters have won the day!
Be sure to check out my full review video to form your own opinion on Castle Panic, but overall I’ve got to say that I really like it. I think its a great game that is fun both for adults and kids, perhaps best played with a mix of both. The game is quick and easy to grasp, even kids who can’t read yet can determine what to do just from the artwork on the cards. This game does a great job of focusing on teamwork with just the right amount of randomness that kids should love. If you’ve been debating getting some kids into gaming this is a great place to start, if your kids are already into games and you haven’t picked this one up yet, what are you waiting for?! Seriously, Castle Panic is fast, easy, fun, and promotes great teamwork in a classic fantasy setting.
Players: 2-6 Ages: 10+ (I’d say 6+) Setup Time: <5 min Play Time: ~1hour Price: $27
Production Values: Card quality is top notch, cardstock is good, the die that comes with the game sucks though.
- Family friendly, cheap too.
- Quick, simple, and easily recognizable cards for those who aren’t reading much yet.
- Great theme, truly great example of what both family games and co-op games should be.
- Finite ending, the game is fast and can’t drag on. Especially important for kids games.
- Random drawing of monster tiles & dice rolls means luck has some swing in this game, but not so much that it takes away from teamwork and strategy.
[info_box]Grab Castle Panic on Amazon. ($27). Thanks for watching the review and be sure to give me your thoughts![/info_box]